Warts are a type of skin infection caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). This infection causes rough, skin colored bumps to form on the skin. These can easily be spread. Therefore a quick removal with clinically tested surgical methods are important to ensure that the entire effected area is thoroughly examined, cleaned and treated completely. The affected area is cleaned and numbing cream is applied to ensure there is no pain during the process. This procedure is done only by a dermatologist.
To avoid further spread here are few tips:
- Avoid shaving over a wart
- Do not share towels, nail clippers or any personal items
- Do not touch another persons wart
- Do not scratch, pick or cut a wart
- Since it is very infectious it may reoccur in the same or multiple areas