Dark circles under the eyes
Dark circles under the lower eyelids are common in men and women. Often accompanied by bags, dark circles can make you appear older than you are. To make matters worse, they can be difficult to get rid of.
Common causes of dark circles
- Repeated rubbing and scratching the delicate skin around the eyes can eventually lead to a brown discoloration around the eye.
- In a certain subset of people, the problem of under eye bags and pigmentation around the eyes runs in the family. They get worse with sun exposure.
- Improper sleep exacerbates the problem.</li
- Stress (physical or mental) is a major killer of healthy glowing skin. Stress can be a major factor that contributes to your eyes looking tired.</li
- Iron deficiency can also lead to pigmentation around the eyes. Smoking increases free radicals in the skin resulting in puffy eyes